Let your Color Code guide you to the career that's right for YOU.
First off, give me a second to explain. You know how you have a dominant hand? Doesn’t mean you never use your other hand, it just means your dominant hand takes control most of the time. Same thing with your personality “Color Code”. Everyone has a dominant personality color code that’s most like them. The other colors might show up every once in a while depending on what’s going on, but for the most part your dominant color nails you; and your color is Orange.
Ok, back to “So what does that mean?” Read on to learn more.
- You’re spontaneous and live in the moment. It’s all about the here and now, and you often act on a moment’s notice.
- You love to have fun and are frustrated by a lack of adventure in your life.
- You’re a risk taker, and courageous.
- Routine is torture for you. You need to change things up. A lot. After all, variety is the spice of life.
- You’re generous and happy to share.
- You like to be recognized for your work, your achievements, your performances, your competitions.
- Rules and regulations. Not your thing. If there are too many, you’re out of there.
- You have lots of energy, and can tackle many things at once. Multitasking doesn’t stress you out.
- You’re the person to have around when there’s a crisis because you’re able to look at a situation, know what to do right away and take action.
- You’re impulsive and want things to happen NOW. Waiting isn’t an option in your mind.
- Planning isn’t something you like to do either. You’d rather see what turns up since you have the confidence to know you can deal with any situation.
- Being the center of attention is a wonderful thing in your eyes since you’re a true performer, whether it’s on the stage, playing sports, in work, at a party, or just hanging with your friends.
- You need to be active. You have tons of energy, and great endurance. There’s no sitting around for too long for you.
- You like a casual atmosphere, and clutter doesn’t freak you out.
- You bring excitement wherever you go.
- Your optimistic and look at the bright side of things.
- You’re motivated by your own competitiveness and sense of fun. You want to beat your own record, and you’ll have fun and a sense of achievement while you do it.
- You need to be with people who have the same interests and like doing the same things as you.
- You can be pretty funny and charming. People tend to like you.
- Sometimes you think out loud, which may or may not become a problem depending on what you’re thinking.
- You can lose your temper quickly, so be aware of that.
- Commitment isn’t something you’re on the lookout for, and you tend to resist it.
- You love giving extravagant gifts that make the special people in your life happy.
- You’re a hands-on learner so sitting in a traditional classroom with reading, writing and listening is the worst kind of torture for you.
- Learning for you is all about doing. That’s what’s going to make you “get it”.
- Do people consider you hyperactive? You’re not. You’re just Orange! If you’re stuck in a classroom all the time and expected to sit quietly while you “learn”, some mischief is probably going to happen because you feel like you need to liven things up.
- If what you want to achieve requires you to suck it up and learn traditionally, you’ll do it. You won’t like it, but you’ll do it.
- You prefer to create, discover, or act on things to get your knowledge.
- Traditional school environments stifle you, so you might want to explore alternative ways to learn. After you graduate high school, make sure you find education and training that encourages work based learning, internships, apprenticeships, etc. We’ve got lots of them listed here on Bhlue. Just go to our Career Resources page and see what’s up.
- You’re bored and restless with jobs that are routine and have too much structure. You want change and variety in your job.
- You love working with tools, all kinds of tools. They’re like an extension of your hands.
- You’re frustrated by rules and deadlines.
- Working at a desk all day is brutal for you. Add in paperwork and you’ll get a migraine.
- It makes you happy to see the visible results of the work you do. Whether it’s building a house, creating a web design, or styling a person’s hair… you enjoy being recognized for what you’ve achieved.
- If something needs to be done and there’s a manual, you’re not reading it. You’ll just figure it out.
- Oranges are born entrepreneurs and are always looking for new opportunities.
- You’re hands-on all the way, and can do many things at once. You don’t back off from multitasking.
- You’re a problem solver and curious. You like to figure out how to fix things.
- You need independence and freedom on the job. People micromanaging you is not a good thing, and too much structure makes you crazy.
- You deal pretty well with chaos and crisis. If something’s going wrong, you’re the person to have around to make things better.
- You’re a good negotiator. People appreciate your charm.
- You don’t want too much responsibility. You have more than enough energy and endurance to get things done and make things happen, but you don’t want to have to deal with managing things.
- You like to be physical on the job. Sitting around isn’t for you.
- Did we mention tools? Tools are toys in your eyes.
- You’re a natural performer and entertainer so jobs that put you front and center, and in the action, are where you’re drawn.
- You expect quick action. It’s here and now, not later.
- You aim high to achieve results, to win, to be successful.
Oranges have great success in careers from many industries, but a few that stand out as a good fit are: